Columbia Weather Systems 4-20mA Module, 4 channels, with Weatherproof Enclosure
The Orion 420 Weather Station offers a complete weather station with 4-20 mA output for industrial PLC interface.
Orion 420 Weather Station Includes
Orion All-in-One Sensor Transmitter (with 50-foot cable and mounting adapter) including:
- Radiation shield with temperature, relative humidity, barometric pressure
- Ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensors with alignment adaptor
- Impact rainfall
- Two 4-20 mA converter modules
- Power supply
- AC surge protector
- Optional: Heaters for wind sensor
- Recommended: Bird Spike Kit, Surge Protector (Arrestor)
With ultrasonic wind measurement technology, the Orion 420 offers high accuracy and stability with 4-20 mA signal output for interface to PLC, DCS, and SCADA systems.
(Modbus/OPCcommunication is available with the Weather MicroServer monitoring any CWS weather station.)
Additionally, real time monitoring, data logging, and graphing are available with a stand-alone Weather Display Console and/or WeatherMaster Software. The Weather MicroServer can also be connected to offer Internet-ready data as well as additional industrial protocols.
HIgh resolution and accuracy make the Orion weather monitoring system ideal for high-precision weather monitoring.
- Most essential weather parameters in one compact module
- 4-20 mA current output for all parameters
- Triangular design ensures excellent data availability and 360° wind measurement accuracy
- No moving parts make it superior to conventional mechanical wind sensors
- Easy to install and requires no field calibration or maintenance
- Compact and robust sensor in durable, corrosion-resistant housing
- Starting threshold for both wind speed and direction is virtually zero
- Heated model is available
- One-year Warranty
Included with the Orion 420 Weather Station is a 50-foot section of sensor cable which connects to the Weatherproof Enclosure.
Customer supplied 4-20 mA Signal Cables connect the Weatherproof Enclosure (screw terminal blocks) to the PLC device.
Additional monitoring options require their respective RS-232 Cable.